Week 8 scoreboard. Scores will be updated periodically throughout the night.
Here are some story lines to keep an eye on during Friday's games.
Patton Going for Win No. 100
With a win over Rogers Heritage Friday, Fayetteville head coach Daryl Patton would become the second 7A coach and 14th coach in the state with 100 wins at his current school.
Cabot's Mike Malham leads all classifications with 272 wins with the Panthers.
Continue Reading ››
Friday, Oct. 24
Benton 0, Lake Hamilton 0 (HALF)
Bryant @ Van Buren
Cabot @ Mountain Home
El Dorado @ Pine Bluff
Fayetteville 21, Rogers Heritage 7 (End 1Q)
Fort Smith Southside @ Springdale Har-Ber
Greenwood 50, Siloam Springs 0 (HALF)
Little Rock Catholic 14, Conway 17 (HALF)
Little Rock Hall @ Sheridan
Little Rock Parkview @ Texarkana
Marion 0, North Little Rock 42 (End 1Q)
Rogers 0, Bentonville 14 (End 1Q)
Russellville 13, Alma 14 (HALF)
Searcy @ Jonesboro
Springdale 7, Fort Smith Northside 7 (End 1Q)
West Memphis @ Little Rock Central
Blytheville @ Batesville
De Queen … Continue Reading ››
Sat., Nov. 15: Gravette (Benefit Game), 7 p.m.
Tues., Nov. 18: Shiloh Christian, 7 p.m.
Sat., Nov. 22: at Mountain Home, 5:30 p.m.
Tues., Nov. 25: at Russellville, 7:30 p.m.
Thurs., Dec. 4: Texas High (Fayetteville Bulldog Classic), 4 p.m.
Fri., Dec. 5: Kickapoo, Mo./Little Rock Hall winner/loser (Fayetteville Bulldog Classic), TBA Sat., Dec. 7: TBA (Fayetteville Bulldog Classic), TBA Thurs.-Sat., Dec. 11-13: Blue … Continue Reading ››
Sandoval leads the 7A-West with 803 yards and six touchdowns on 46 catches. No other receiver in the league has more than 500 yards. He has surpassed 100 receiving yards in five of seven Springdale games this fall.
Check out Thursday’s Northwest Arkansas Newspapers for a feature on Sandoval.
Is there a receiver you like to watch or pattern your game after?
Who has been the toughest … Continue Reading ››
When Fayetteville hits the field Friday at Rogers Heritage, a victory could mean plenty for the Bulldogs. With a win, Fayetteville secures a home playoff game in the Class 7A playoffs and would also stay atop the 7A-West Conference race with two weeks left in the regular season.
But this Friday's game also has an added element, particularly for Fayetteville coach Daryl Patton.
Now in his 12th season with the Purple'Dogs, Patton could get win No. 100 as Fayetteville coach with the victory Friday. And while many coaches across the … Continue Reading ››
- Week three of Springdale’s brutal three-week stretch against the 7A-West’s best features a matchup at Fort Smith Northside (6-1, 3-1). The Grizzlies may very well be the best team in the conference. They beat Fayetteville in a thriller and lost a close one at Bentonville despite making quite a few errors.
- Northside’s defense is its strength. It features Arkansas defensive end commit Daytrieon Dean (6-3, 260) and physical linebacker Deontre Hardwick (6-1, 230). Saw a highlight of Hardwick where the other … Continue Reading ››
1. True or false: Fayetteville sophomore Taylor Powell is already one of the elite quarterbacks in the 7A-West?
Jimmy Carter (Springdale beat writer) — True. He may be close to claiming the No. 1 spot by the end of the season and there’s a good chance he’ll be the league’s best next year. Look at what past Division I quarterbacks did or didn’t do as … Continue Reading ››
- Charleston quarterback Ty Storey accounted for 503 yards and seven touchdowns in the Tigers' 49-28 win over Lamar. He completed 32 of 51 passes (62.7 percent) for 362 yards and five touchdowns and rushed 19 times for 141 yards and two touchdowns.
- In that same game, Lamar quarterback Braxton Sampley completed 31 of 52 passes (59.6 percent) for 400 yards and two touchdowns. Also, Charleston wide receiver Taylor … Continue Reading ››
Here’s a by-the-numbers look at the Bulldogs.
366 — Yards of total offense for Bentonville, the first time Springdale has held a 7A-West opponent to less than 400 yards of offense. It was also the first game the Bulldogs held a conference foe to less than 40 points. Bentonville did lead 38-0 with 294 yards of offense in the first half before sitting its starters in the … Continue Reading ››
Junction City rolled into Bearden with a 32-game winning streak and needed only one half to prove it would have no problem with win No. 33.
A 44-yard touchdown pass to Keandre Evans less than two minutes into the game set the tone, as the Bears' secondary could not stop the speedy receiver.
Evans added touchdowns of 54, 25 and 26 yards, finishing the game with four of Junction City's six touchdowns.
The other touchdowns came on a 57-yard run by Josh Armstrong and an 8-yard reception by Arkansas commit Jamario Bell.
Bell finished the game with two catches … Continue Reading ››