- The Greenwood game is the first of a two-year deal between the schools. Springdale will open the 2015 season with a return game at Greenwood. Springdale’s nonconference schedule will also include Alma and Bixby, Okla., again next year.
- Springdale coach Shane Patrick on wanting to schedule Greenwood: “We wanted to step up competition and all. But the other side of it is, we still have the reputation, whether deserved or not, today. We just have a hard time … Continue Reading ››
The prep football season is officially under way in Arkansas following Monday night's Labor Day action.
The two featured games of the hootens.com Classic at Reynolds Razorback Stadium saw a pair of blowouts that went to the Arkansas Activities Association 35-point mercy rule by halftime.
Lincoln, an 11-2 team a year ago, was no match for Class 5A Hot Springs Lakeside in a 36-0 loss. The Wolves were outmanned basically everywhere … Continue Reading ››
Little Rock Central 38, Dallas Madison (TX) 0
The Tigers traveled to Dallas to take on their first out-of-state opponent since 1982 and came away with a dominant 38-0 victory.
Dallas Madison managed only 87 yards of total offense, while LR Central piled up 362 yards.
Quarterback Cooper Westbrook completed 14-of-25 passes for 202 yards and three touchdowns to three different wide receivers: Peyton Stevens, Tom Coulter and Richard Hays.
Hays also had 57 yards and one touchdown on nine carries, finishing the game … Continue Reading ››
The Springdale High junior outside hitter totaled 55 kills for the Lady Bulldogs (2-1) as they opened the season with home matches against Shiloh Christian, Huntsville and Van Buren last week.
Mack had 17 kills in a tough, season-opening five-set loss to Shiloh Christian, but was more aggressive in totaling 18 and 20 kills, respectively, in four-set wins … Continue Reading ››
Chandler threw for 1,110 yards and 12 touchdowns as a rare sophomore starter in the 7A-West last year and will be relied on more both throwing the ball and running this fall. He also plays basketball and baseball for Springdale.
Check out a feature on Chandler in the NWA Media football preview tab in Sunday’s papers.
Who’s your funniest teammate?
Daniel Salas and … Continue Reading ››
Everything took a turn for the worse when the Tigers switched sides of the field, especially when one considers some of the numbers during that 12-minute span at Union-Tuttle Stadium.
Those numbers include:
• 0 — the number of passes Bentonville completed in the second quarter, as well as the points the Tigers scored in that time
• 3 — number of touchdowns by Union, two of which came on plays of 45 yards or more
• 4 — number of times junior … Continue Reading ››
Fullback Bryan Grigsby led the way with 90 yards on 18 carries. He had a 24-yard run. Quarterback Cole Evans had 7 carries for 61 yards, which is 8.7 yards a carry. Evans scored the only touchdown on an 11-yard run.
"We drove about 65 yards and scored," said Rogers coach Shawn Flannigan. "Once Grigsby got going, he ran really, really … Continue Reading ››
• Junior quarterback Kasey Ford was 4-of-8 passing for 99 yards with one touchdown and one interception. He connected on a 40-yard pass to Ben Barron, whose made a spectacular diving catch on the play, and a 36-yard touchdown strike to Cody Scroggins on his final attempt.
• Senior tailback Dylan Smith had only two carries, but he bolted for 31 yards the first time he touched the ball. He finished with 37 yards to lead the rushing attack as 12 different players … Continue Reading ››
Shiloh Christian senior WR/DB Adler Goode enjoyed a breakout season in 2013, with 35 catches for more than 500 yards and seven touchdowns.
He is among a number of returning skill position players for the Saints this season, who hope to return to their glory days when the program won three consecutive Class 4A state championships.
Goode was in a protective boot on Saturday … Continue Reading ››
We have already released our list of the best games against out-of-state opponents. Check back later for a list of the best conference games this upcoming season.
1. Sept. 12 – North Little Rock @ Fayetteville
The best non-conference in-state game this season could be a preview of a 7A semifinal matchup.
Hooten’s ranks Fayetteville and North Little Rock No. 2 and No. 3, respectively, in the 7A. With the … Continue Reading ››