- Week three of Springdale’s brutal three-week stretch against the 7A-West’s best features a matchup at Fort Smith Northside (6-1, 3-1). The Grizzlies may very well be the best team in the conference. They beat Fayetteville in a thriller and lost a close one at Bentonville despite making quite a few errors.
- Northside’s defense is its strength. It features Arkansas defensive end commit Daytrieon Dean (6-3, 260) and physical linebacker Deontre Hardwick (6-1, 230). Saw a highlight of Hardwick where the other … Continue Reading ››
1. True or false: Fayetteville sophomore Taylor Powell is already one of the elite quarterbacks in the 7A-West?
Jimmy Carter (Springdale beat writer) — True. He may be close to claiming the No. 1 spot by the end of the season and there’s a good chance he’ll be the league’s best next year. Look at what past Division I quarterbacks did or didn’t do as … Continue Reading ››
- Charleston quarterback Ty Storey accounted for 503 yards and seven touchdowns in the Tigers' 49-28 win over Lamar. He completed 32 of 51 passes (62.7 percent) for 362 yards and five touchdowns and rushed 19 times for 141 yards and two touchdowns.
- In that same game, Lamar quarterback Braxton Sampley completed 31 of 52 passes (59.6 percent) for 400 yards and two touchdowns. Also, Charleston wide receiver Taylor … Continue Reading ››
Here’s a by-the-numbers look at the Bulldogs.
366 — Yards of total offense for Bentonville, the first time Springdale has held a 7A-West opponent to less than 400 yards of offense. It was also the first game the Bulldogs held a conference foe to less than 40 points. Bentonville did lead 38-0 with 294 yards of offense in the first half before sitting its starters in the … Continue Reading ››
Junction City rolled into Bearden with a 32-game winning streak and needed only one half to prove it would have no problem with win No. 33.
A 44-yard touchdown pass to Keandre Evans less than two minutes into the game set the tone, as the Bears' secondary could not stop the speedy receiver.
Evans added touchdowns of 54, 25 and 26 yards, finishing the game with four of Junction City's six touchdowns.
The other touchdowns came on a 57-yard run by Josh Armstrong and an 8-yard reception by Arkansas commit Jamario Bell.
Bell finished the game with two catches … Continue Reading ››
Bentonville (3-4, 3-1 7A-West) led 35-0 less than two minutes into the second quarter and had a 38-0 advantage at halftime in its third straight win.
Smith’s long run was the first of four first-quarter Bentonville touchdowns. The Tigers led 35-0 less than two minutes into the second quarter … Continue Reading ››
Hood rushed for 151 yards and three touchdowns and the senior passed for 172 yards and another score as the Grizzlies defeated the Mounties 52-27 in a 7A-West Conference game at Whitey Smith Stadium.
Northside (6-1, 3-1 7A-West) also scored 21 points off three of the Mounties five lost fumbles. The game was tied at 21-21 late in the first half but the Grizzlies reeled off 28 unanswered points to pull away.
“Their quarterback is good, and that was no secret or no surprise,” said Rogers coach … Continue Reading ››
John-Marcus Carruthers rushed for 90 yards and scored a touchdown as the Saints cruised to a homecoming win to improve to 4-0 in the 4A-1 Conference.
For more on the game, go to nwaonline.com
Elsey scored four touchdowns in the first half, including one on an 85-yard interception return. Elsey also caught a 10-yard touchdown pass in the third quarter.
Lincoln held a 10-0 lead before Huntsville took a snap from the line of scrimmage.
Friday night features 102 more games across the state, all of which can be found on our Week 7 scoreboard. Scores will be updated periodically throughout the night.
Here are some story lines to keep an eye on during Friday's games.
Game of the Week
The clear game of the week is a potential preview of the 2A state … Continue Reading ››